Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nothing gruesome

"Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable , palpitating , and even gruesome, may make a good tale and, and take a deal of telling anyway"
This is a quote form the book I am reading, The Hobbit - at long last - and it's appropriate for today because it has been a good day of steady sailing, steady winds ( 8 to 12 knots from the east) and sunny skies, with nothing uncomfortable , palpitating , and even gruesome, to report, except perhaps my mood, which is a bit flat and I am wondering why. The boat is dry, I have had plenty of sleep and have been eating my baguette with fresh lettuce and tomato and cheese rather than my "gunk". I hadnt realized how quickly a baguette gets stale, compared with a loaf of bread. Ive also noticed the absence of bird life at these latitudes which is a pity, as they were always mesmerizing to watch further south. Its just on 24 hours since I left Tubuai and I am 120 nm closer to Tahiti so thats been better than I had hoped. This steady wind looks as if it will continue for a while yet, so perhaps landafll will be early Tuesday rather than wednesday - it feels quite amazing to be sailing to Tahiti!

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment